Ready to take the next step in removing that unwanted ink?
Don't live another day with tattoo regret. Give us a quick call and we'll schedule a consultation so we can remove your unwanted tattoo.
Here are some answers to the most common questions we hear about tattoo removal:
How does the laser remove your unwanted ink?
At Renee Patel, M.D., we use the Quanta Discovery Pico Plus for removal of tattoo pigment of all colors. Laser tattoo removal works by emitting a focused beam of laser light that passes through the skin’s outer layer and is absorbed by the tattoo ink, breaking the pigment into smaller particles that are eventually removed by the body’s immune system.
Check out some of our Before and After Pictures of Tattoos We’ve Removed!
The following examples took 3- 5 treatments and need further treatments for complete removal.
*Individual results may vary
*Individual results may vary
*Individual results may vary
How much does tattoo removal actually cost?
Prices start as low as $75.00 and vary based off of the size of the treatment area.
How many treatments will it take to remove my tattoo?
Multiple treatments may be necessary for complete removal. The number of treatments necessary depends upon multiple variables such as size, color, type, amount of ink used, and the age of the tattoo. Some tattoos can be removed in as less than 3 treatments while others may need more than 10 treatments. Most patients will need 5-8 treatments.
Key Factors in How Fast We Can Remove Your Tattoo -
- The Older the tattoo the quicker to remove
- Location (closer to your heart the quicker)
- Density of ink
- Ink colors
- Coverups will need more treatments than the average
- Professional vs Homemade (easier)
Does tattoo removal hurt? Is it painful? Scarring?
The sensation associated with laser tattoo removal is a moderate pain, like a rubber band snap. However, we inject lidocaine where the tattoo is located to numb the area. Most patients tell us the injections are more painful than the treatments. We do offer topical numbing but that is not effective enough to reduce the pain to a tolerable level. Scarring is always a possibility but proper after care will greatly reduce the chance of scarring.
Which tattoo colors are the hardest to remove?
Professional, multi-colored tattoos are the most difficult to eliminate as their pigments are usually more concentrated and placed deeper within the skin, requiring multiple lasers for removal. Rest assured that Dr. Renee Patel who has been performing tattoo removal for years has the experience with even the most stubborn tattoos. Black, red, and dark blue tattoos respond best to lasers because lasers are more easily absorbed by the darker pigment. Lighter colors such as yellow, sky blue, and green are more difficult to remove. However, with the Quanta Discovery Pico Plus we can effectively treat all colors. It is the only device on the market to offer 3 true laser wavelengths including the 694nm Ruby to treat the difficult green and blue inks. You can see the Quanta in action removing the green and yellow ink in the video below.
Why choose us at Renee Patel M.D Inc for the removal of your tattoo?
- 10 years of experience removing tattoos of all types
- Pain free removal using injectable lidocaine rather than ineffective topical anesthetics
- Competitive pricing
- Flexible payments: You can pay as you go or purchase a treatment package plan
- Accept Care Credit
- Treatments are completed by an M.D or Nurse Practitioner and not an RN
Why do people get tattoos and then want to have them removed?
People get tattoos for different reasons: to be rebellious, as a dare, for visual appeal, or to promote something they feel strongly about (just to name a few). Going into the tattoo parlor for the first time is exhilarating, but years later when this permanent piece of art is not as it once appeared, the option for removal is wonderful. Laser tattoo removal makes this possible, not only for those who have faded tattoos that have lost their luster, but also for those who no longer wish to represent the image their tattoos convey.
Here are some of the most common reasons we found from a WebMD Study for why both men and women decide on removing their tattoos.
- 58% just decided to remove it.
- Simply put, they no longer want their tattoo and decided to take action and get it removed.
- 57% suffered embarrassment.
- Sometimes, what you got tattooed is just embarrassing or is something that no longer fits your life.
- 38% had lowered body image.
- If the tattoo you’ve got isn’t something you are proud of, then there’s no reason not to get it removed.
- 38% new job/career.
- There’s no doubt that having tattoos today isn’t considered a bad thing, but sometimes in certain industries tattoos just don’t help you get promoted as quickly as you’d like.
- 37% problem with clothes.
- Along the same lines as getting a new job or career, if you can’t wear certain outfits or clothes because of an embarrassing tattoo, then it may be time to consider laser removal.
- 25% experienced stigma.
- This is common and we see it a lot. Other people can judge you by what they see displayed on your body and sometimes it’s not the image you’d like to portray.
At Renee Patel, MD, we proudly serve our Los Angeles County community with the safest and most effective Laser Tattoo Removal treatments in the entire Los Angeles CA area.
Our clients come from all over, so if you live in Aliso Viejo, Anaheim, Beverly Hills, Brea, Burbank, Chino Hills, Costa Mesa, Covina, Culver City, Cypress, Downey, El Monte, El Segundo, Encino, Fountain Valley, Glendale, Hacienda Heights, Hermosa Beach, Huntington Beach, Irvine, La Habra, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Beach, Laguna Hills, Lakewood, Long Beach, Los Alamitos, Los Angeles, Manhattan Beach, Marina Del Ray, Newport Beach, North Hollywood, Northbridge, Norwalk, Palmdale, Pasadena, Pico Rivera, Redondo Beach, Rowland Heights, San Pedro, Santa Ana, Santa Monica, Seal Beach, Sherman Oaks, South Gate, Studio City, Tarzana, Torrance, Van Nuys, West Covina, West Hollywood, Westminster, Whittier, Wilmington, and Woodland Hills... We have you covered and are ready to help.